File Formats & General Setup
- Adobe Illustrator(Preferred) & Photoshop up to CC 2014
- InDesign up to CC 2014 (There may be a charge of $85/hr. for graphic setup/design if an acceptable exported file [.tiff, .pdf, .eps] is not included with the .indd file.) Please refrain from exporting files with crop marks, color bars, registration, etc.
Preferred File Formats
- .ai, .pdf, .psd, .tiff, .eps,
- Please send layered files when possible and ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: linked hi-res images, fonts, and low-res proof.
- Logos, Text, and graphic elements (that can be) should be kept in vector format such as, Adobe Illustrator (.eps, .ai, .pdf).
- Resolution: Save rasterized images at the appropriate resolution for final output size. Generally, wide format artwork should be a MINIMUM of 85 PPI (pixels per inch) and no greater than 150 PPI at final print size. Rule of thumb: the greater the intended viewing distance, the lower the resolution can be.
- Include 2 inches of bleed and inset 2 inches for content-safe area on all sides for graphics applications with custom-built displays. Structural dimensions may change slightly during production. Including this extra bleed and content-safe area helps prevent production delays.
- If a template is provided, use the bleed and inset specifications in the template.
- Preferred Method – Eyekon Group Website Artwork Submission: Max 2GB per upload
https://www.eyekongroup.com/artwork-submission This web upload feature requires a modern web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer). Please make sure your browser software is up to date, otherwise, the upload may fail unexpectedly.
- CD, DVD, USB/Flash Drive: Please provide printed reference for layout.
- Online File Sharing Utilities: Hightail, Dropbox, Creative Cloud, WeTransfer, Google Drive, and others will be accepted. Please send a link to your Eyekon Group graphic artist or art@Eyekongroup.com.
- Email: Max 5MB. Send files to your Eyekon Group graphic artist or art@Eyekongroup.com.
The Pantone+ Solid Coated Formula Guide is preferred. Use the appropriate swatch from the color books in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Keep in mind that many Pantone colors fall outside the gamut of most CMYK printers and cannot be reproduced precisely. Color matches are $45 for the first color and $25 for each additional color.
Files must be vector art, Illustrator (.ai, .pdf, & .eps) – NOT RASTER IMAGES or RASTER IMAGES PLACED IN ILLUSTRATOR.
Graphics Setup Tips
Keep in mind how you are using your graphic:
If your graphics are viewed from 6-10 feet, image resolution clarity may not be as important as the clarity of your text. To test your graphic at a distance, size your graphic to actual print size at 85-150 PPI, then view at 100% on your monitor (Tip: show rulers in Adboe applications and adust view size until the the rulers are displayed at true size). Stand at a distance that you feel may be similar to how your display may be commonly viewed at an event. If it meets your preferences and quality standards, it is ready to send to us.
* If the graphics you are designing are scaled down you will have to zoom in closer. ex. 1/2 scale view at 200% on your monitor, 1/4 scale view at 400%…
Why an image may not work:
An image can only be enlarged so much before it distorts or pixilates. There is no definitive guideline here because many variables contribute to why an image may not be suitable (Resolution, file size, dimension size, how file was created, etc). You will need to play with your graphics to determine what works for you and your design.
Image Resolution: (PPI = Pixels Per Inch)
Image resolution should not exceed 150 PPI if you are setting up you image at full scale. The larger the image the less PPI you may need at full scale.
*If the image you are designing is scaled down, you will have to scale the PPI proportionately. Example: Artwork built at 50% scale should be double the desired full-sized print resolution.
Printing Rich Black:
C0, M0, Y0, K100 is not the same as C100, M100, Y100, K100. The darkest black in any CMYK print condition will be C100, M100, Y100, K100
CMYK or RGB values have no real meaning in terms of actual color unless they are accompanied by the source ICC profile. Eyekon Group prints perceptually to the Adobe default ICC profiles (U.S. Web Coated [SWOP] v2, and sRGB IEC61996-2.1) unless specified in your artwork. Please embed and include all ICC profiles in your artwork. If you have any specific print conditions you need to print to, please contact your Godfrey Group graphic artist. Color management is far too complicated to explain in a few paragraphs. For a simple introduction to color management and why you need it, we recommend reading “The Color of Toast” here:http://colorwiki.com/wiki/The_Color_of_Toast
Packaging Files Before Sending/Uploading to Eyekon Group:
- Convert all artwork text to outlines, including any special characters/symbols like bullets, asterisks, etc. or include font files in your packaged archive
- Package all linked / supporting files in a separate folder
- Compress all files into a single .zip or Stuffit archive
* If your file exceeds 2GB (2048 MB), you will have to separate the files into 2 or more archives in order to use our web upload utility.
Ready for your next trade show?
Contact us to schedule a consultation with a trade show expert or browse our products